

Attending meeting:

Siong Ik Heng
Shigeng song
Martin Hendy
Patrick Sutton

Yi Ming
Ed Daw
Stuart Reid
Mariela Masso Reid

If anyone missing my apologies.

Minutes:

1) Meeting organization:

Interest in attending the China meeting:

Ed, Stuart, Glasgow team. No one from Cardiff at the moment

China side: Xilong?

Yiming : SYSY and HUST plan to come.

Any News on website: on going, we need introduction, agenda and participants. Would we like to have other outsiders to join the meeting so we can organize it.

Siong: Yes to externals, I am letting others make the invitations as I am unsure who is involve. Need to find out who from outside will be able to come. A lot of astronomers are interested in gravitational wave so they would come.

Analysis and modelling and not astronomy, maybe best to focus on the work packages.

Martin: Maybe we could make one session on the final day or the day after before the meeting closes that could be informal and involving the wider community but not the whole meeting.

Siong: Need to know names of people who would like to come, maybe room for maybe 6 speakers (if they want to give talks) and more people attend the meeting but it should be invitation only.

Xilong: we should keep it small.

Siong: can anyone send a list of people to the GrEAt mailing with potential people attending the meeting with their expertise.

Xilong: I will send email.

Siong: Others can also suggest names.

Ed: Want to know length of meeting as will be joining the LVC meeting

Siong: The meeting will be 2 days and the third less official.

Siong: following the agenda, if no more BNU organizational issues, does anyone have any questions and so on? BNU will book for hotel rooms and they will book accordingly, they will be near the university.

Ed: what is the balance of interest between hardware of interferometry and data analysis astronomy. Personally, I don't have a clear picture where China lies in this respect. It would be helpful if this was clarifies.

Siong: I agree, this needs clarified.

2. Agenda:

Siong: I tried to put names next to talks from the meeting agenda, is listed there in numerical order but these could change. I listed people that I know will attend. Hopefully someone in the UK can talk about the data analysis and modelling or someone from Cardiff.

Presentation on the lower frequency end to discuss analysis and such.

Daniel: I think Tim would be interested in giving a talk on WP5.

WP4: ??

SU- Former student interested in talking but he is no longer in the collaboration.

Siong: We need to know what skills and interest to do with the WP4. Most important is to talk about interest, and skills involve and not the science so much.

Yiming: HUST/SYSU should be quite experienced in that field, he will ask around.

Siong: we need to showcase the different skills and interest in the different institutions, maybe important to ask everyone what they can contribute and we can adjust the timings accordingly.

Day 2 of agenda: a few speakers already in innovation and Outreach. After lunch we could have a session on science talks.

Siong: I will send an email and ask who wants to speak according to these activities and we can start setting the agenda better. Any questions?

People who would like to speak on the Friday sessions, sounds like Ed would like to speak.

Ed: Yes, I will put something together similar to what I will be speaking on the LIGO India.

Siong: I could potentially be bringing a student doing machine learning and he might do a talk on this.

Ed: Maybe worth for you *Siong* to give a talk in how the practicalities of the data analysis within the collaboration.

Siong: there is potentially a half an hour on the first day and we could put in these talk about organization on the LIGO collaboration.

Siong: Participants that are space based and not so interested in the LIGO collab but they might be interested in it.

Siong: Anyone else interested on talking on the Friday?

Stuart: interested in giving a talk on materials research, detector upgrades, thermal noise and background if useful.

Siong: Think it would be very useful but also best to discuss on topics broadly related to the items related to gravitational waves.

Siong: Skipping external speakers as we covered earlier.

3. AOB:

Siong: A few weeks ago, we mentioned there is public outreach that could be translated into Chinese, remember password: **Great01**. If you click on the link and go to the shared folder:

<https://owncloud.gla.ac.uk/cloud/s/8bOBJIPuLrp1GTg/authenticate>

Martin has uploaded outreach material and if people are interested in translating this for the distribution in China that would be great.

Martin: I know is broader than LSC a bit priority is to put together outreach primers before O3 so we can prepare people for the number of events being greater, so there will be something produced in English by the end of this year and might be worth having translated to Chinese.

Martin: Re Primers - There might be something pulled together in draft form before the meeting.

Siong: Thanks for attending. Next meeting in two weeks.